Make Your Computer Database Ready
You will probably be able to use most library resources on your computer without making any changes, but some resources in the databases such as eBooks, streaming videos, concept maps, audio files and more may have additional requirements. The software and configurations listed below will ensure that your computer is database ready.
In order to use all library resources, computers should meet the following minimum requirements (+ symbols indicate “or higher”):
- Adobe Flash 10.0+ (Optimize Adobe Flash by opening port: 1935)
- PDF reader: Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0+; Schubert|It PDF plug-in for MAC
- Adobe® Digital Editions 1.7.1+ (to download/check out EBSCO eBooks)
- Windows Media Player 9+; iTunes for MAC
- Screen resolution: 1024x768
- 500 kbps + connectivity
- A browser: IE 7.0+, Mozilla Firefox 8.0+, Google Chrome 16+, Apple Safari 5.1+
- Cookies enabled in browser
- Disable Compatibility View under Tools menu in Internet Explorer if the films do not play on your IE browser.
You Might Also Like:
- Last Updated Feb 18, 2013
All the Articles LibGuides. Access databases with thousands of full text articles, online journals, free articles on the Internet, and more.
3,269 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 1, 2013
Find out which databases are the best for biographies, media, quotations, timelines, and much more.
271 views this year
- Last Updated May 15, 2013
Get articles in the best databases for your subject.
8,619 views this year
How to Use COM Library Databases
COM Library databases are great for college level research. Find out what's in the databases, special features, get access to databases help and tutorials and more!
They can even help you save time if you know how--look for the watch to find the best time saving techniques throughout this LibGuides.