- Last Updated Jun 12, 2014
All the Articles LibGuides. Access databases with thousands of full text articles, online journals, free articles on the Internet, and more.
1,312 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 23, 2015
Access COM Library's journals online. Great for when you are interested in a specific journal.
1,336 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 9, 2015
Get articles in the best databases for your subject.
5,611 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 29, 2015
Find out which databases are the best for biographies, media, quotations, timelines, and much more.
179 views this year
- Last Updated Jan 23, 2015
If you can't find the book or article you want in COM Library, other libraries may have them and there are several options for getting them.
106 views this year
- Last Updated Jul 30, 2014
Get the overview of how to find articles including databases basics, how to get more or fewer articles, hot topics and databases by subject.
1,890 views this year
- Last Updated Dec 8, 2014
Get the most from Google Scholar: learn how to set preferences, grab citations, get documents for free from TexShare databases and more.
2,366 views this year
- Last Updated Nov 25, 2014
Access the best resources for research from your mobile device.
45 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 25, 2015
Find publicly accessible online journals and magazines using Google and open access sources.
3,057 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 25, 2015
Your best bets for finding scholarly & peer reviewed articles, plus step by step tips to save you time and get the sources you need.
124 views this year
Databases by Content Type
Looking for a specific type of information, but don't know where to start? Use the pull down menu or the tabs above to find the best databases for biographies, media, quotations, timelines, and much more. When using media, please keep in mind Copyright and Fair Use issues. Note: All proprietary databases are restricted to COM students, faculty and staff.
What kinds of databases are available through COM Library?
Most of our databases come to us through the TexShare program of the Texas State Library, although COM Library subscribes to some databases independently. Through all of these databases we have access to:
- Full-text articles from popular periodicals
- Medical resources and health information E-books
- Academic reference materials
- Newspapers and magazines from around the world
- Transcripts from television news shows and National Public Radio
- Research on public and private companies, here and abroad
- Consumer marketing data and emerging technology reports
- Genealogy resources
- Streaming video
- Images, audio and other media
- Latest breaking news and daily updates from newspaper wire services
- Hundreds of popular periodicals, including Business Week, Rolling Stone, and Smithsonian