Databases by Content Type
Looking for a specific type of information, but don't know where to start? Use the pull down menu or the tabs above to find the best databases for biographies, media, quotations, timelines, and much more. When using media, please keep in mind Copyright and Fair Use issues. Note: All proprietary databases are restricted to COM students, faculty and staff.
What kinds of databases are available through COM Library?
Most of our databases come to us through the TexShare program of the Texas State Library, although COM Library subscribes to some databases independently. Through all of these databases we have access to:
- Full-text articles from popular periodicals
- Medical resources and health information E-books
- Academic reference materials
- Newspapers and magazines from around the world
- Transcripts from television news shows and National Public Radio
- Research on public and private companies, here and abroad
- Consumer marketing data and emerging technology reports
- Genealogy resources
- Streaming video
- Images, audio and other media
- Latest breaking news and daily updates from newspaper wire services
- Hundreds of popular periodicals, including Business Week, Rolling Stone, and Smithsonian