All EBSCO Scholarly/Peer Reviwed Journals
Search all the EBSCOhost databases with scholarly and peer reviewed articles simultaneously or choose from the list. The default search is set to retrieve articles only from scholarly and peer reviewed publications and show your best limits and options for getting articles on your topic.
Proquest Research Library & SciTech Premium Collection
Get peer reviewed articles in ProQuest Research Library.
- Perform a search on your topic.
- Select the Peer Reviewed option directly under the search box, or in the Narrow results column.
- All your results will now be peer reviewed.
What is an Academic or Scholarly Article?
Academic or scholarly articles are written by scholars and experts who have have studied the field about which they are writing for years. Here are some characteristics of scholarly articles:
- Articles written by an expert, always signed (author's name listed)
- Credentials of author listed, such as education and position
- References and sources listed
- Frequently includes graphs, charts
- Frequenlty have abstracts
- Aimed at people in the field or studying the field
- Few or no ads
Watch this video for a quick overiew of academic and scholarly articles and how to get them (3:17).
Extracted from The Family Management Style Framework for Families of Children with Obesity. (must be on campus or have a COM ID to view the entire article).