- Last Updated Jun 14, 2014
How to get the most out of Google searches, drive and much more!
564 views this year
- Last Updated Jun 20, 2014
Discover Google’s hidden library of full text books, magazines and even newspapers.
1,678 views this year
- Last Updated Jul 31, 2014
Get the most from Google Scholar: learn how to set preferences, grab citations, get documents for free from TexShare databases and more.
4,891 views this year
Link to a Google Book
You can link to a Google book:
1. Find the book to which you'd like to link. In the Upper right hand corner of the book's page, click on Link and copy the code.
2. Back in Libguides, type in the book title, highlight the text and select the link icon to input an active hyperlink to your article or cover.
Inside Google Books
The latest from Google Books.
How to Use Google Books, Magazines & News Archives
Google is scanning the entire collection of some of the world's greatest libraries: Harvard, Oxford, Stanford, University of Michigan, New York Public Library and more. Google has millions of books online already. Magazines and newspapers are also available. Go to Google Books now.
Google Books have different levels of accessibility: no preview available, snippet, limited or full view. The views for each book are based on the copyright and copyright owner of each book. If out of copyright, full view. If publisher agrees, limited view. Basic information about the book only, no preview available. The best results tend to be historical, so this feature is best used for subjects like literature and history. Public domain books can even be downloaded in EPUB and PDF format.
Google Books provides many opportunities to enrich any Web page, even Blackboard pages. You can:
- Embed books from COM Library from which students can read the table of contents, search within the book and read as much of it as the copyright allows.
- Embed entire public domain books that students can read within the LibGuide.
- Embed clips from public domain books.
- Embed a Google magazine.
Embed Google Books Available in COM Library
Click on Limited Preview or Preview to go to the book in Google. In the Upper right hand corner of the book's page, click on link and copy the embed code. Back on your web page add the code, and Voila, the book is embedded. Now anyone can access the Table of contents of the book or search it, and read as much of it as the copyright allows from your page. Explore Google Books now.
Watch Advanced Search in Google Books
Click to start.